Thursday, June 18, 2009

Event Number One

Alright for all you blog followers...I know you've been sitting on the edge of your seats just waiting for me to post the next blog about my awesome adventure in my efforts for finding Mr. Right!!  Well, wait no longer!!   Actually, nothing super exciting happened......... Thank goodness for my dear friend *Claire.   She willingly attended the first event with me at Mafioza's for pizza in the snazzy, up-and-coming neighborhood of 12th South.  So first, to keep with the motto of "power in numbers", Claire and I met at her house to ride together. Riding with your "social supporter" to an event is key. You show up together, you mingle together, and you leave together.   On the drive there countless thoughts swirled around my already cramped brain! What if I meet my husband here?!!  What if I meet a stalker here???  What if someone asks for my number and I do not want to give it to him, but I don't want to be rude, how do I say "no."  Funny, I have trouble saying "no" to other people in my life, like Can you do this?  Can you do that? Will you pay too much to be in a "non-dating" dating service? Always, always, always... yes.   

So, we get there and are looking for the event hostess, although I have no earthly idea for whom I am looking (young/old, short/tall, male/female).   She's actually a red-faced "Anne of Green Gables" meets "Pippy Longstocking" of the 21st century.  Needless to say, she was an interesting character. So before meeting "Pippy," Claire and I go stand by the bar trying to figure out if this group of people is the group we're supposed to meet.  So... we stand there... waiting and deciding if we should walk up to "Pippy."  We're not really sure if she's the hostess or not, so we go for it.  We introduce ourselves and then she takes us halfway around the room introducing us to all of the other folks there. Several people are native Nashvillians, while others have moved here for jobs and other reasons. Ragardless of their native homes, this was an awkward way to be meeting people. 

Finally we settled into a small, comfortable group of rather new people. There was Adam, the starbucks barista with a college degree who clearly was suffering from a small case of social handicap. But nevertheless, Justin and Jon came to his rescue. Justin, the occupational therapist from New Jersey, tired hard to impress but just couldn't quite keep up conversation. Jon though, Jon was in rare form. Funny, friendly, and  flirty, he was like a night in shining armor compared to what we were looking at already. But alas, while I was in the bathroom Claire found out that he was 37....so why is he at the 30 and under adventure??? Hmmm, creeper? Probably...

So, after a few cocktails and a pizza that we were forced to share with all the men we had just been introduced too..(our treat fella's, no problem!) We paid our tab and said farewell. Maybe next time...

And now, as I sit with my bowl of ice cream on Claire's bed, I can't help but wonder, was it worth it? What will happen now? Who will I meet next? What adventures await me in my journey to find my true soul mate?? 

Only "Pippy" knows the answer!








*note: Names have been changed to protect the single and innocent.

No comments:

Post a Comment