Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Online Adventures

Alright everybody, I've recently had a birthday and we just entered a new year.  Happy birthday to me!  Meaning... There are New Years resolutions to be made and 28 years to reflect upon. This 29th year is going to be an adventure. So, for my birthday I had some of my nearest and dearest friends to help me do 2 things: 1) to create a list of 30 things to accomplish before I turn 30 and to help accomplish a New Years resolution--to have a subscription on an online dating site. Tonight's post is about the online dating. I'll get to the 30 before 30 list in a few days, but I knew there were a few of you who were dying to hear the online dating report :)

Well, welcome to online dating!  My goodness!  I've spent the last couple of nights responding to emails to the many interested men. I've already deleted several and I still have 47 emails in my inbox. Whoa!  Sounds like I'm bragging, right?  Don't get carried away. This is a meat market and I'm just a new piece of meat. I'm sure it will calm down soon.

Well, there are a few guys who are interesting. Several have very interesting profile names. Some have smiled at me. Some have winked ;)   One of the things on my 30 before 30 items is to say "yes" to a date with a guy I'd normally say "no" to.   So... There are 2 really cute guys who seem to have good profiles, but....one's divorced with 2 kids and one was never married but has one child. So, I might be able to cross one thing off the list :/ if I do go on a date with either of them.

Thankfully, these websites give you room to say "no thank you" pretty quickly. Trust me girls, the grass is NOT always greener on the other side.  I'll keep looking and will report any interesting men!

So one reason I think I rarely post is because, in my humble opinion, the posts I've made have been funny. I'm not funny often, so...it takes a while for me to think of enough funnies to post.  Starting now, I'm giving myself permission to not be funny on every post.  Some will be funny.  Some will serious. Some may be sad. Just sayin...

1 comment:

  1. P.S. feel free to provide topics of interest concerning the online dating :)

    ReplyDelete